Drunk driving is undoubtedly one of the biggest concerns these days, thanks to those numerous accidents that not only puts the life of the driver but also that of the others in danger. Know more about the Dangers of Drunk Driving. Many lives are lost just because some people are insensible towards consuming alcohol or drugs and then rash driving. To prevent such life-threatening episodes, here are a few methods to track such drivers and take proper action on them so that they don’t repeat such again.
Signs Of Driving Under Influence
Any impaired driver under influence of drug or alcohol would show any, some or all of the following symptoms by which tracking will be easy –
- Not turning on headlights while driving at night
- Colliding or nearly colliding with roadside objects or vehicles
- Tailgating, rapid accelerating or driving unusually slow
- Ignoring traffic signals
- Not having control of the road direction, often driving in opposite lane or in the middle
- Weaving, swerving, drifting or drastic braking
- Sudden or unusual turning with often wide radius
- Drinking while driving
- Having reddened eyes or incoherent speech while talking
- Keeping face close to the windshield
How Can Traffic Police Track Drivers Under Influence?
Traffic sergeants often use alcohol breathalyzer or alcohol breath tester devices to check whether the driver has taken in alcohol. Drug-detection devices can also be used to check traces of drugs in blood. Besides, influenced driver often show slow reflexes, blurred vision capacity, inappropriate color perception, reduced foot, hand and eye coordination, poor concentration and comprehension.
In order to keep both the adult and minor drug users and alcohol consumers at bay while driving, the tracking methods will prove to be really helpful.